Autopilot engaged

For the last couple of weeks, maybe months, I've been operating on autopilot. This is what happens when you're not getting enough sleep. Day to day you simply go through the motions. Get up, go to work, come home, go to bed, get up, go back to bed, get up, go to work.... And on it goes.

The get up then go back to bed is what's causing the problem. I've been getting up for an hour or two or sometimes three during the night with J every night for a while now. I don't know how long, I've lost track.

This makes me difficult to be around.

Don't expect to be able to hold a conversation. There's a good chance I'll zone out and without realising, walk away or start looking at crap on my phone or otherwise ignore you.

Don't expect me to be productive or proactive at work. There's a good chance I'm not looking at my monitor, just starting at nothing, unaware off what's happening around me. I probably didn't notice that my monitor has gone to sleep.

I will try to be there. I will try to talk or play with the kids but it won't be long before I zone out again and stare into space or some crap on my phone.

Please bare with me during this time. J will start sleeping again, I will start sleeping again, I will disengage autopilot and rejoin the human race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT: Escape from Nottingham

The dad I would have been, tried to be and wish I was

The school photo scam