Autopilot has finally crashed

If you run on autopilot, eventually you'll crash. And that, dear reader, is what has happened to this story's protagonist.

It's hard to say what triggered the crash. Probably just a build up of various stresses and emotions, coupled with exhaustion but I decided it was time to visit a doctor. The result: I've been signed off work for a couple of weeks with depression. This should allow me time to get some rest, get some exercise and generally get my head and life back in order.

I've been through this before. A few years ago I had about five months off work. I'm hoping that experience will work in my favor. I know what helped me through last time and I'm hoping it'll get me through this time, only quicker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT: Escape from Nottingham

The dad I would have been, tried to be and wish I was

The school photo scam