The benefits journey pt2

So far so good. I went back for the meeting with my booklet filled in. The guy there checked through it then proceeded to tell me all about how to apply for jobs through the job centre. Thanks but no thanks.

Next step is to apply for carer's allowance and wait. This could be a long wait. Carer's allowance people take about 8 weeks to process new claims apparently. As I am applying for income support I need an income to support, this will be the carer's allowance that my wife was getting. Unfortunately you cant just transfer this from one parent to the other, so she had to cancel it and I had to apply for it.

It's going to be a lean few weeks until this is all sorted but as long as I can pay the rent then I'll be happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Project

The school photo scam

OT: Escape from Nottingham